"Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible -- the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family."

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

Johnathan and I will celebrate our 4 year wedding anniversary on June 24th, and since he has to work that weekend we opted to celebrate this weekend.  We are taking Levi to the kennel and spending a much needed, quiet, relaxing weekend at my parent's lake house on Lake Tillary... and I can't wait!  

Usually in the summertime the lake house is full of people.  Family, friends, and neighbors all flock to our quaint house on the lake for some swimming, fishing, boating, jet skiing, and of course cookouts.  We celebrate birthdays, independence day, and most of the time there is no reason at all, we just party.

This will be our first anniversary that wasn't a trip to the beach.  For the past 3 years we have been using the NC Advocates for Justice's summer convention as our anniversary trip, which conveniently falls on or near June 24th.  I had to go to update my continuing legal certification, and Johnathan came along for the fun.  All expense paid anniversary trip to Sunset Beach... you can't beat that.

This anniversary will be less of a party, but I am looking forward to getting away, hopefully getting some sun, and spending some time with my favortie man.

No comments:

Post a Comment