"Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible -- the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family."

Monday, July 19, 2010

Busy, Busy

Hurry up and take a deep breath... feel that?  It is the feeling of having a single second to relax before the next "I gotta go do _________(fill in the blank)" moment happens.

That is how life has been for me since my last post.  It has been non-stop, but I really am not complaining.  The days/nights have been filled with work, celebrations, cookouts, and of course tons of friends.
We spent an awesome weekend in Raleigh with Katie, Tripp, Megan, and Trey over the 4th of July holiday.  It was filled with a day on the lake, lunch at the Redneck Yacht Club, and over 30 mini video clips thanks to Johnathan.  The only thing lacking was the fireworks, but we cooked out and made a bon fire so we were satisfied.

I had the day off the Monday after the fourth, which was really nice.  I spent the morning pulling up weeds in the yard and laughing at Levi as he tried to attack every weed I threw into a pile.  I stopped working in the yard when the blisters I developed on my thumbs from raking popped.  Opps, I knew I should have worn gloves.  The rest of the day was spent doing house work I had been putting off and running some errands.

On Wednesday we planned a play date with Levi, Paris, and Dagan (Adam and Lindsays' labs).  We went to the reservoir in Village Acres and needless to say, wore the dogs out!  The main objective of the play date was to get Levi more comfortable about being in the water.  After a timid start, to say the least, he finally jumped right in with the other dogs... but would only swim out a few feet before returning to where he could comfortably stand up in the shallow end.  I bet a few more trips to the lake and he'll be racing the other dogs to get the ball in the deep end!
We all headed back to our house and Johnathan cooked steaks and chicken for the four of us while the dogs continued their play date in our back yard. 

Friday night we had dinner at Andy's house, along with about 10 of our friends.  He makes the BEST baked macaroni and cheese and the rest of his food is great too.  After dinner a few of us went to the Jefferson Inn for a few drinks, and a lot of dancing.  I hadn't been "out" in such a long time and really had a blast.

Saturday night it was dinner at Adam's house.  Again we had a great meal, and great socializing with friends.

On Sunday I had a laundry list of to-do's including church, lunch with mom, my sister and nephews, then back to the house cleaning.  When Johnathan got off from work we went to the driving range to prepare for the golf tournament we were playing in the next day.

The golf tournament on Monday benefited the Sandhills Patriots, a junior football league coached by my boss.  Our team consisted of Tom, Johnathan, Erica, Evelyn, and myself.  The girls quickly realized that we were the ONLY girls participating in the tournament, Ha!  We may not have been the best golfers, but we were the best looking team... especially with my pink shirt to match my pink shoes, pink clubs, pink glove, and of course thanks to Tom, pink golf balls.  We had a BLAST to say the least, and the weather made the day even more entertaining.  When we started it was hot and humid, but cloudy.  By the time we were on the 12th hole it was pouring, thundering and lightening.  Tournament officials finally blew the bull horn to let us know they were stopping the tournament, but not before we were all soaked!  Back at the clubhouse we all sat around while dinner, catered by Talberts BBQ, was getting set up.  We ate a wonderful fish fry dinner and called it a day.

For the rest of the week it was back to work, which has been extremely busy lately, out of the ordinary busy I should say, and with the boss leaving the office Wednesday for a week and a half, let's just say there was a lot to get done.

Johnathan and I took Levi back to the lake on Wednesday after work, and I am happy to report he LOVED it!  He jumped right in to recover his favorite tennis ball, and kept getting braver and braver as he practiced swimming around.  Next time we take him swimming I'm bringing the camera.  I know I'm Levi crazy, but he is like a kid to me, and I'm a proud Mama!

Thursday night was girl's night at Lindsay's house!  We spent the evening with a few bottles of good wine, excellent baked spaghetti, and the latest gossip. 

Friday afternoon Johnathan and I played another round of golf, and I think we are getting better.  Our shots are getting straighter and my swing is improving.

Well, now that this eclectic post is extremely too long, I will stop rambling.  Bottom line, I enjoy being busy, but am ready for a nice, long vacation with Johnathan the last weekend in July!

No comments:

Post a Comment