Nothing to exciting about the scenery on this morning's run, but the company was fantastic. I took Levi on a short run (.5 miles) around the neighborhood. Since he is only 5 months old (will be 6 months on March 2), I am not able to really take him running until he's at least a year in order for his bones to fully develop. Still, he really enjoys those short little runs, and so do I. This morning he did SO good, I just had to brag! I have neglected taking him running the past 2 weeks because Johnathan and I have been going for long runs, and also because we have a fence now, and he has really enjoyed running and playing in the back yard.
Although I was weary about this time out since we hadn't run in a while, I was confident that he wouldn't disappoint me. He ended up impressing me. We ran/trotted the entire lap, he stayed on my left the entire time, didn't pull, and never abruptly stopped to sniff something. He even ignored leaves blowing across the road... which he usually has to chase.
Needless to say, he was granted one of his favorite treats and tons of loving when we got home.
Levi, at full speed toward Johnathan and the camera!
No comments:
Post a Comment