A weekend of being shut in doors, playing in the snow with Levi and Johnathan, and reading some court cases on Sunday afternoon equals complete laziness and a lack of concentration on Monday morning... why?
Frustrating as it is, I cannot help but think my distraction today was partly due to the beautiful snow slowly melting in the parking lot at work, which my office overlooks.
As a result of my busy life lately, today is now Tuesday, and I have yet to finish this post. This weekend was fun... Levi loved the snow and loved to eat it too. Johnathan is tediously painting the trim inside the house, which looks great by the way. It really just polishes things off and makes the house look fresh and clean.
At body pump last night I finally took a risk and upped my weight on the bar. I was embarrassed by my pathetic 2.5 weights beside the 60 year old with 10 pounders. And speaking of pathetic, the recent nighttime crowd at the gym has forced patrons to act like ravenous beasts prowling around the track while waiting to purge anyone who gets in their way of the next open treadmill or ellipical machine. I am guilty of being on the lookout of an open treadmill myself... just the other night I used the ellipical machine instead of the treadmill as my mode of wasting time before one came available. Unfortunately, by the time I leaped off the elliptical to snag the treadmill, a sweet older man also had his eye on the same machine. We both arrived at the treadmill at the exact same time. He must have seen the desperation in my face, and lucky for me, he gave up the mill for me. Lucky for him, the treadmill beside me freed up only seconds later and we ended up running a 3 miler together. I ran a little faster than normal that night because it was only appropriate that I really earn my turn on the mill.
By the way, it is now Wednesday... no, now it is Thursday. Wow! Maybe I should just post this... but where would the fun in that be? Last night (Wednesday), Johnathan and I went running around the neighborhood for the first time since my surgery. We had such a good time and are running again tonight.
This morning (Thursday), the tree cutters arrived at our house bright and early, at about 7:30am. We are having some trees cut down in our yard to make room for the privacy fence, which should be going up next week. Johnathan and I are so excited about the fence... more for Levi than for privacy. And speaking of Levi, he turned 5 months old on Tuesday, so of course, we had to get him a new toy. We bought him a new mint flavored rope chew toy because the current one he has smells gross and I couldn't wait to throw it away.
Ok, that is all for now...
This morning (Thursday), the tree cutters arrived at our house bright and early, at about 7:30am. We are having some trees cut down in our yard to make room for the privacy fence, which should be going up next week. Johnathan and I are so excited about the fence... more for Levi than for privacy. And speaking of Levi, he turned 5 months old on Tuesday, so of course, we had to get him a new toy. We bought him a new mint flavored rope chew toy because the current one he has smells gross and I couldn't wait to throw it away.
Ok, that is all for now...
No comments:
Post a Comment