Well, I think I have finally found the culprit to my recurring sesamoiditis symptoms. About 2 years ago I developed what doctors have told me is sesamoiditis. The result of years of ballet and high heels, this agonizing pain on the ball of my foot makes it difficult to even put pressure on my foot some days. I have gotten numerous pads to wear, which are supposed to relieve the pressure on that spot of my foot. I also often soak my foot in a bath of ice water; not the most pleasant feeling, but it helps. Lately though, I have not had any problems with my foot, and would dare to say that I was symptom free. During this period of relief, I was running and taking Levi on long walks, but hadn't gone to body pump. It had been about 4 weeks. (slacker, I know) Last week I started back, and unfortunately, so did my foot problem. I have determined it is probably from the 100 lunges that we do in class with weights, which requires your foot to be stretched and bent, all the pressure focused on the bottom of your foot.
Now, I know what you are going to say... I could do the whole class, except for that exercise. But I figured I'm better off doing some weight lifting at home, which I do a few times a week already. And, well, last time the instructor experience wasn't the greatest (I'm not calling any names), but unfortunately with my work schedule I don't have time to take Body Pump with any other instructor.
I hear body flow is pretty good, completely different work out, and completely off topic, but I might try that class instead.
No comments:
Post a Comment