"Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible -- the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family."

Monday, May 3, 2010

Wilmington Wedding

Til the season, and the age group, for weddings.  This was actually my second Wilmington wedding of the season (my sister was in one about a month ago).  This past weekend was Justin Carr and Stephanie Van Eron's wedding.  While they are currently on their honeymoon in the Dominican, I'm stuck here writing about what great of a time I had at the wedding.  There are three very important things that make a wedding fun (for the guests)... great food, great music, and of course, great company.  This wedding was no exception, and I think we all had a really good time. 

Since Johnathan was in the wedding we had to hurry down to Wilmington Friday afternoon, which meant 1/2 day of work for me! (LOVE those days!)  I dropped Levi off at the kennel (which he enjoyed I think), picked up Bill and Brie, and headed to the coast.  Not only did this place bring back college memories for Bill, Johnathan, Stephen, and Jacob, but the rehearsal dinner was at their old stomping ground, Dockside.  The upstairs patio made for a beautiful view of the waterway and we could not have asked for better weather.  Late night fun at a local bar finished up the night for some of us, as others ventured out to the beach bars to really make it feel more like the college days.

The wedding on Saturday was at a beautiful Catholic church and the cermony was very traditional catholic.  I had never been to a catholic wedding, or a catholic church service for that matter.  Interesting and long, but a very pretty ceremony.  Since the "boys" were all in the wedding and riding a limo to the reception, Brie, Angie, and I took a trolly from the hotel to the reception site.  Again, they couldn't have asked for better weather, especially considering the wonderful wedding site, both an inside and outside layout.  The City Club along the intercoastal waterway in downtown Wilmington played host to the food and wedding cake, and the grounds were set up with a band, dance floor, bar, and tables.

Of course we were not quite done partying when the band played their last song, but luckily neither were the bride and groom.  We all headed to a bar just a block away from the reception site, interestingly called Duck and Dive.  We partied well into the night, had a few drinks and laughs, danced and mingled, and called it a night around 2am. 

I love weddings.  Everyone is happy, dressed up in their best, and there is always good cake.
For pictures of the wedding visit facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment