Did you know there was a website soley dedicated to Thanksgiving 2010?
For the past 8 years, since Johnathan and I have been together, we have split Christmas day between our families, and celebrated every other year with each other's family for Thanksgiving. This Thanksgiving we will spend it with Johnathan's family, and we have already started celebrating. We hosted a wonderful dinner on Saturday night with some of his family. I made home made chicken and dumplings and two home made pumpkin pies. I feel like I need to emphasize "home made" because I'm not sure what most people consider home cooking, but for me it's starting with flour, rolling out the dough, cooking the chicken, and scraping the bottom of a real pumpkin to make pie. Nothing is better than my grandmother's recipes and I am so glad I paid attention when she cooked. The rest of Johnathan's family also made a dish, and needless to say, we were stuffed by the end of the night.
For the past 8 years, since Johnathan and I have been together, we have split Christmas day between our families, and celebrated every other year with each other's family for Thanksgiving. This Thanksgiving we will spend it with Johnathan's family, and we have already started celebrating. We hosted a wonderful dinner on Saturday night with some of his family. I made home made chicken and dumplings and two home made pumpkin pies. I feel like I need to emphasize "home made" because I'm not sure what most people consider home cooking, but for me it's starting with flour, rolling out the dough, cooking the chicken, and scraping the bottom of a real pumpkin to make pie. Nothing is better than my grandmother's recipes and I am so glad I paid attention when she cooked. The rest of Johnathan's family also made a dish, and needless to say, we were stuffed by the end of the night.
I took the day off on Monday, thinking I would need a day to recuperate from the weekend, and get some cleaning done. I ended up spending most of the day with my mom, and took Levi to the vet to get his nails clipped. Now that I think about it, I think I did manage to do one load of laundry and took about a 20 minute nap.
Tis the season for parties with family and friends... we are already getting booked up, and have already been invited to a few events planned on the same date. I am so thankful for great friends and a wonderful family. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

No comments:
Post a Comment