"Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible -- the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family."

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving

What I am thankful for on this thanksgiving:

- Jesus
- my mother and a loving family, I do not know what I would do without them
- a wonderful husband, who puts up with me, laughs with me (and probably at me), loves me unconditionally, and lights up my life
- new beginnings: our new house, our new puppy
- hope for a bright future
- to have spent 26 wonderful years with my grandparents... I miss them, but have some great memories and they have taught me some life lessons I will cherish
- good health
- good job, and crazy clients... because without them I probably would not have a job, and my work days would be less interesting... every day is a surprise with these people!
- good working enviornment and great co-workers... because who you work with really makes the job.
- great and thoughtful friends
- the ability to run
- good flavored coffee on a cold, rainy day
- central heating and air (petty I know, but you all agree)
- my doctors
- lawyers
- my cell phone and computer (another petty one, but there is no denying they are essential items in this century, and my cell phone is my only phone)
- blue skys and a beautiful earth... God really gave us a pretty place to live
- the gift of tomorrow
- holidays
- Johnathan's mom's successful heart surgery

... and these are just to name a few.  I feel truly blessed and thankful for each and every day.

I hope everyone has a happy thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Central heating and air are NOT petty! I know this because ours went out the day after Thanksgiving. Thank God we also have a fireplace or it would have been uncomfortably cold in our house. Great post! Life is good!

    ReplyDelete