"Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible -- the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family."

Friday, February 18, 2011

Half Way There

I'm half way through this pregnancy, and am finally starting to feel better, and have more energy to burn.  Lately the weather has been fantastic, which means I've been able to get out of the house and take Levi on more walks.  Eventhough I'm not running during this pregnancy, I have been trying to exercise by walking Levi, (which is NOT your typical afternoon stroll... speed walking would be an understatement.  The neighbors probably think he is pulling me out of control, but I actually have full control of him and could slow him down if I wanted to.  He has actually gotten a little faster with me since he's gotten used to running so much with Johnathan lately).  I know I've already mentioned that I'm also doing yoga, and that has been a great way to stretch and relax after a long day.  I would go to the gym, but with weather like this, who wants to?

According to this cantaloupe, the baby should be measuring 10.6 oz, but at last week's appointment she was measuring 11 oz!  To me, that could only mean two things if this baby continues to grow bigger than schedule... she's either making her entrance into the world sooner than July 4th, or she's going to be a big baby!  BUT, the fact that I've only gained 5 lbs. makes me think she's not going to be all that big.  This is what consumes my thoughts these days.  Enough of that... she's starting to move more and more every day, and I can't wait til we start feeling her kick consistentally from inside my belly and can watch her move from the outside.
 
Here is the belly shot at 20 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment