"Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible -- the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family."

Friday, April 15, 2011

The Final Stretch

I can't believe I'm in the third trimester already!  I thought this final leg of the pregnancy would never get here, and I'm so excited to be getting that much closer to meeting our precious baby girl! 
We started counting baby movements a few nights ago, as recommended by our doctor.  I should be feeling her move at least 10 times in a 2 hour stretch.  I felt her move 10 times in 6 minutes.  I think she is pretty active, and have a feeling I'm not going to be too strict with the movement counts.  I feel her move on and off throughout the day, especially right after a meal and first thing in the morning.

Speaking of movements, she had hiccups for the first time Wednesday night... at about 3am.  I woke Johnathan up so he could feel them too.  Crazy, and so cute!   

I just realized I hadn't posted a recent picture of the belly in a while (thanks Lins), so here ya go. 


This was taken today, right when I got home from work.
Oh yeah, that's the crib bedding behind me! Her room is starting to really come together!

No comments:

Post a Comment