"Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible -- the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family."

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bananas and Butterscotch Pudding

I've been told that chopping up a banana and putting it in my butterscotch pudding was not normal, and follows the same crazy pregnancy craving as pickles and ice cream.  I think pickles and ice cream is WAY weirder, but whatever.  Try it... it is really good!

In more important news, a week ago I started having this terrible cramping pain in my lower pelvis that radiated to the top of my belly.  It also felt like Anna Rae was pressing down, and sometimes felt like period cramps.  Of course I was worried, so I called the doctor, and they told me to come in.  The doctor pressed on the side of my belly and the pain was so bad I thought I was going to jump off the bed.  He said it was round ligament pain, which I had read about, but apparently hadn't experienced yet.  Then he said he wanted to make sure his diagnosis was right and that I wasn't going into labor.  I was not going into labor, thank God.  There is not much I can do about the pain, besides taking a warm bath or taking Advil, but thankfully, since that appointment the pain has gone... for now.

Today was my 27 week appointment, where I was checked for gestational diabetes.  A safe sugar level is below 140, and mine was 109.  A safe iron level is above 11, and my iron level was 11.4.  So, I'm good to go! What a relief.  The rest of the appointment consisted of listening to Anna Rae's heartbeat, which was good and strong.  After my next appointment, I will start going every two weeks.  I can't believe how close the due date is getting... these last few weeks seem to have flown by!

Johnathan was gone again last week for SWAT training in Salemburg.  I can't really complain about the two weeks without him because it was purposefully scheduled like that so he wouldn't have to leave me and a newborn alone, but I have to say it is really, really nice to have him around again.

On Saturday we spent the evening celebrating our friend's 30th birthday at his family's awesome hunting preserve.  They call it Buchanan Shoals, and it consists of 5,300 acres of land with the Pee Dee River running through it, a 140 year old train station, which has been completely renovated into a sleeping lodge for hunters, and plenty of outdoor activities.  The lodge sits on a hill and overlooks miles and miles of land and the Pee Dee River in the valley.  It really was beautiful and thankfully the weather was great too!  We had a great time mingling with close friends, and some we hadn't seen in a while.  Hopefully we will be back down there soon so Johnathan can do some fly fishing and, well, I will just relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment