"Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible -- the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family."

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mystery Gift

I found a package on my front porch today, and thought Johnathan must have ordered something.  Then, I looked at the return address, and saw that it had my parent's address on it, so I thought they must have ordered something and just had it sent to my house.  Then, I opened the box to find another box, and inside the smaller box I found this note:


If you can't read it, it says, "Congratulations Brooke!  I am so excited to hear from a sister that you are expecting a sweet bundle of girl.  You must be over the moon.  Here's a little something to help get baby started with splashy-fun bath times.  Since I don't know if you have named her yet, I'll just call her Baby Girl.  Speaking of names, don't worry about who I am right now - this is more fun, I think, almost like getting a Big.  This is sure to be just the beginning of a wonderful, surprising time for Baby Girl and you, too!

How sweet!!! I've been racking my brain trying to think of who this secret gifter could be... but in the meantime, here is what was inside the box:


Thank you, thank you whoever you are!! This is so sweet and thoughtful, and I am so grateful!

p.s. I know my parents didn't do this... so the mystery continues.



No comments:

Post a Comment