"Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible -- the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family."

Monday, May 9, 2011

Shower in the Sun

On April 30th my church and my sister threw a baby shower for Anna Rae, and we had THE most perfect weather for an outdoor shower.  The theme was southern belle, and the only thing the planners needed from me was what I wanted to eat... and that was easy!  I wanted Jordan's bbq, fruit, a cheese ball, and carrot cake cup cakes.  They also had strawberry punch, and with the warm weather that went fast!  My sister baked the carrot cake cupcakes from scratch (they were amazing), and we had some vanilla cup cakes with strawberry icing too.

We had a great turn out of family and friends, and Anna Rae got a bunch of cute things.  My favorite gift was one that I had least expected.  I had no idea, but apparently before my grandmother passed away she made some swaddling blankets when she found out my sister was expecting.  Ironically, she made them before Celeste knew what she was having, so she made a couple of boy blankets and a couple of girl blankets.  I knew about the boy blankets, but didn't know she had made girl blankets too.  Celeste got the boy blankets, and my mom wrapped up the girl blankets and gave them to me at the shower.  Of course I was completely overwhelmed and in front of everyone the tears just poured out.  I know she was looking down on me that day and smiling because she was so happy that she was able to give her great grand-daughter a special gift.  I will cherish those blankets forever, and I know Anna Rae will too.

Here are a few pictures from the shower, including the invitation, which I promised I would show off.


Me and Celeste.


Me and Anne.



Prettiest diaper cake ever... my sister made it!  The tea cups are mine from when I was little.



Another sentimental gift... Mom wrapped three of my old dresses up with pictures of me in the dresses when I was a baby!  I think I'm going to frame the dresses & hang them in the baby's room.



Anna Rae's Grandmothers and Great Grandmother










Blankets my grandma made.

No comments:

Post a Comment