I was recently talking to a friend about this great book I've gotten into lately; to the point where although I am already sleep deprived, I don't want to put it down at night. My favorite books are the mindless, completely fictional, with a little bit (or a lot) of mystery and puzzle solving. The funny thing is, I've read the book before and know ultimately how it ends. This is THE first book I've ever read twice, but the funny thing is that I like it better the second time around. I think the reason for liking it more this time around is because I don't feel like I have to hurry through it before I hear on the news or read in a magazine how it ended. (And yes, I stood in line at the book store at midnight when it first came out, but they handed out coupons, so it was worth it.)
My favorite part about reading it again is thinking, "Hey, I don't remember that!" or "They left that part out of the movie."
It's interesting when a book makes it to the movies. Although the story is carefully portrayed as close to the book as possible, there is no way every important detail can make the cut in the movie. (And yes, I have all the dvds too.) But, if you've just seen the movies and haven't read the book, you are really missing out.
And that's another reason why I decided to read the book again. Part 2 of the movie of this book is coming out this summer, and it had been so long since I read the book that after part 1 of the movie ended I couldn't remember what exactly happened next.
So, long story short, I'm reading the last Harry Potter book over again, think it's better the second time around, and is a great book to read after 8 hours of lawyering/paralegaling.

No comments:
Post a Comment