"Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible -- the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family."

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Showers and Shopping

Carrie threw me (and Anna Rae) a great shower on June 5th, and some friends with Johnathan's work threw us a co-ed shower last Sunday.  Both showers were so wonderful, and I believe we are now set and ready for Anna Rae's arrival!  I think we have gotten everything we need to start her new life... and she will be spoiled rotten... which I think is a great thing! 

I may have mentioned that Johnathan and I have actually bought her nothing, but a pair of UNC booties and a pair of socks with light blue poka-dot ribbons (to wear with her Carolina gear to make her look more girly in all that blue).  BUT, I have tried to buy something.  We need a baby gate to put in the doorway of her room, to keep Levi out when we don't want him in there... like when she's sleeping.  The gate we registered for was perfect because it was tall, and had a swinging door with it, so it wasn't like those cheap ones that you have to take down, or walk over when you wanted to walk in the room (plus, Levi could just hop over those).  We had racked up some gift cards through the showers, and since no one had gotten us that yet, I decided to go ahead and order it.  I received the confirmation, and even a confirmation that the item had been shipped... but about three days later received an e-mail telling me the order had been cancelled permanently because the gate was no longer avaliable.  Grrr!

So, I started freaking out a little, because I ordered it online, and used a gift card.  The price used up the card, so of course I threw it away.  The e-mail said my account wouldn't be charged, but now I was down a gift card!  I called customer service, and thankfully the man I talked to was very helpful and told me they would mail me a new gift card for the price of the gate.  A few days later I got a gift card in the mail, and get this... it was for about $20 MORE than the gate cost including shipping!  Yay!

I'm still looking for a gate, and hopefully I'll find one before Anna Rae makes her appearance.

Here are a couple pictures from the co-ed shower... I forgot my camera at Carrie's shower, and am waiting to get pictures from Johnathan's mom.




No comments:

Post a Comment