"Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible -- the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family."

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Ready or Not...

Well, Johnathan and I are ready, if that's what you are wondering.  As for Anna Rae, I think she's starting to get very uncomfortable.  We went to the doctor yesterday for the 39 week update, and guess what!?!... progress!  I'm 3 cm dilated! Whoo hoo!  Her heartbeat was a strong 160, which the doctor said was a little high due to the Fruit Loops I had that morning.  Contractions are still pretty inconsistent, ranging from 20 minutes apart to 5 minutes apart, and I could easily go an hour without having any.  The doctor said based on how much I have dilated, and my contractions, that there is a good chance I could have her by the weekend, so we shall see!

The contractions last night actually started to get pretty strong, and were about 7 to 8 minutes apart, and we got really excited, but I didn't want to rush to the hospital if they didn't continue, and sure enough after I kicked Johnathan's butt at Super Mario World for about an hour and the chicken finished cooking on the grill they became less consistent and finally fizzled away.

In other news, I am still working.  Seriously!  But, I'm not working full days, and leave in the afternoons to relax and take naps; getting my rest in anticipation for the big day.  I like working, and it makes the days go by faster than if I was just sitting at home by myself, so I don't mind.  I'm also still taking the stairs; don't judge me... the elevator takes too long and I have little patience.  

So, we are all just waiting on the edge of our seats for you little girl!  At this point we can say with almost 100% certainty that she will be a Ruby (July) baby!   

1 comment:

  1. Yes!!! I am so excited for you guys and have been praying for you and Anna Rae! Also, very smart on waiting with the contractions. Wouldn't you hate to go to the hospital and leave without a baby because of a false alarm?

    ReplyDelete