"Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible -- the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family."

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Bye, Bye First Trimester

Yesterday we went to the doctor for the first trimester screening, when they test for birth defects such as down syndrome.  I know people have mixed feelings on whether or not to have this testing, but for Johnathan and I, we were excited that it meant another ultrasound and we wanted to be able to prepare and learn how to better take care of our child if the results found that the baby had a disorder.
Baby Kemp looks healthy and is growing like a weed... he or she is about 3 inches long and the heart rate was 162.  We had a great appointment, and the nurse even commented on how long the baby's legs are. Haha!  Of course!  I am excited that this week ends the first trimester and I am looking forward to hopefully feeling much better in the weeks to come.

Here are a few pictures from yesterday's ultrasound.

Long legs!

Hello!

Body shot... must be comfortable in there.

And here is my 12 week bump.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I can't believe those legs - I guess that's from his daddy!

    ReplyDelete