I am 7 weeks and 1 day today, and although the baby is the size of a blueberry, ironically the thought of eating blueberries makes me sick. Actually, the thought of eating anything fruity makes me sick. I realized over the past few days that although I would love some light and healthy fruit, it just doesn't agree with my stomach right now.
Yesterday morning I had my first real experience of morning sickness; meaning I literally jumped out of bed and ran straight for the toilet. The worst part about it was (sorry, TMI) that in the morning you really have nothing on your stomach, so although you really hope to feel better after a productive puke, it's really nothing but a bunch of dry heaving and stomach bile.
Our first doctor's appointment was today, and my official due date is July 4, 2011. Before my doctor started the ultrasound we discussed my overwhelming symptoms and morning sickness. She said that since I was having so many symptoms so early, and because I didn't have these symptoms before, she was going to make sure I wasn't carrying twins. To be honest, it wouldn't shock us... we had been wondering the same thing. After finding one baby and searching around for a possible second one, she confirmed there was just one. She said I am measuring perfectly with how far along I should be. Once we saw the baby's heartbeat we both breathed a huge sigh of relief.
Next she looked at my ovaries. The left ovary looked fine, but when she rolled over to the right ovary all you could see was a huge black ball... a cyst. She said it was nothing to worry about, and was harmless to the baby, but practically all of my follow up appointments will include an ultrasound to check the size to make sure it isn't growing. Again, this was not completely shocking to me. I have been having pain on my right side on and off, mainly I would feel it when I was ovulating. The cyst is producing a huge amount of hormones right now, which my doctor said could also be causing my extreme pregnancy symptoms.
The next appointment is scheduled in 3 weeks and they will do another ultrasound then. I know Johnathan and I will feel much better after everything goes smoothly at the next appointment, and we will start telling our friends and the rest of the world after that appointment.
Here is the first picture of little baby Kemp!
Our first doctor's appointment was today, and my official due date is July 4, 2011. Before my doctor started the ultrasound we discussed my overwhelming symptoms and morning sickness. She said that since I was having so many symptoms so early, and because I didn't have these symptoms before, she was going to make sure I wasn't carrying twins. To be honest, it wouldn't shock us... we had been wondering the same thing. After finding one baby and searching around for a possible second one, she confirmed there was just one. She said I am measuring perfectly with how far along I should be. Once we saw the baby's heartbeat we both breathed a huge sigh of relief.
Next she looked at my ovaries. The left ovary looked fine, but when she rolled over to the right ovary all you could see was a huge black ball... a cyst. She said it was nothing to worry about, and was harmless to the baby, but practically all of my follow up appointments will include an ultrasound to check the size to make sure it isn't growing. Again, this was not completely shocking to me. I have been having pain on my right side on and off, mainly I would feel it when I was ovulating. The cyst is producing a huge amount of hormones right now, which my doctor said could also be causing my extreme pregnancy symptoms.
The next appointment is scheduled in 3 weeks and they will do another ultrasound then. I know Johnathan and I will feel much better after everything goes smoothly at the next appointment, and we will start telling our friends and the rest of the world after that appointment.
Here is the first picture of little baby Kemp!

No comments:
Post a Comment