... We are having a baby!
EDD: 7/4/2011! (How cool!?!)
After spending October 14th - 16th in Asheville, and going to the NASCAR race on the 16th for Johnathan's birthday, wouldn't you know it, I got sick! By Tuesday, October 19th, it was a full blown virus/ infection with sneezing, coughing, and a running nose, not to mention I sounded like a man. I finally decided to go to the doctor on Friday, October 22nd. Since we were trying to get pregnant, and I wasn't sure if I was, the doctor didn't want to prescribe me anything without first having me take a pregnancy test. It was negative. I was devastated. The doctor still put me on antibiotics that were pregnancy safe, just in case I got pregnant while I was taking them.
Turns out I was pregnant anyway, but it was too early to tell. The following Tuesday, October 26th, I was expecting my period, but just wanted to waste the last pregnancy test I had... because, well, why not?!? The test was positive, and needless to say I was shocked, but thrilled!!! Just like last time, Johnathan was at work, so I called him. No answer. I took a picture of the test with my phone and sent him a text saying, "We're pregnant! I love you so much!" He called me about a minute later and was very excited of course!
After my miscarriage, we decided to wait until the first trimester was over before spilling the news this time around. Also, we decided the morning we found out I was pregnant to keep it a secret to even close family until after we saw the doctor. My first doctor's appointment is scheduled for November 16th at 3pm. I think I am about 4 1/2 weeks as I'm writing this, and I will be 7 weeks at that time.
Thank you God for answering our prayers! You are so great!
No comments:
Post a Comment