So, here is what happened... (it's a little gruesome) Wednesday night Johnathan and I went to Vito's for dinner. Wednesday was the first day in a very long time that I had felt good and had no nausea, and I was hoping it was a sign of good things to come. Hoped too soon I guess, because around 11:50pm I jumped out of bed and threw up every bit of my dinner. Between 12:00am and 10:00am I threw up 10 times, wasn't able to keep even a sip of water down, and every time I stood up I would black out. Before 8:00am my mom paged the on-call doctor at the hospital (because the doctor's office wasn't open yet), and he called me back within five minutes. He told me to take another Zofran and wait an hour. If I still couldn't keep anything down I needed to call the office. To keep a longer story short, Johnathan, my mom, and I ended up at the doctor's office, where they checked me for dehydration. Not only was I extremely dehydrated, but my blood pressure was extremely low, and I threw up two more times while at the doctor's office. They sent me straight to the emergency room for IV fluids. Thank God the ER was not busy at all and they sent me straight back. Once they started the IV and started pumping me with Zofran via the IV, I dozed off and ended up taking 30 minute cat naps between nurses coming in my room to check on me, give me more medication, or to change my IV bag. We left the hospital around 4:30pm, and I basically slept the rest of the evening.
I started out with a stomach bug, but because I wasn't able to keep anything down, the baby was draining every once of nutrients I had in me, which meant I was left with none. I'm taking it easy today and trying to recuperate so that hopefully by tomorrow I will feel up to eating some wonderful Christmas food!
Poor you! I hope you fell better!
ReplyDelete